We deliver high-quality strategic advice and creative financing solutions to our clients. Our aim is to provide our clients with the best and most innovative financing solutions whether joint ventures, equity, debt or mezzanine financing for construction, investment or re-financing of an existing portfolio to raise capital. We have the capacity to analyse borrowing strategies, review valuations, undertake cashflow analysis and financial modeling and produce investment memorandums, credit committee papers and funding documentation required to access funding.
Finance is the life-blood of any investment. MCO Real Estate specialises in the provision of finance starting from N1.5Bn / US$5m to public and private companies, government institutions, high net worth individuals and other entities to enable them develop, acquire and/or invest in property or infrastructure assets across the real estate and construction sectors.
MCO Real Estate acts as an intermediary between the developer and multiple sources of finance to source the most appropriate finance for the project. We structure and execute a variety of real estate financing transactions including equity offerings and debt issuances for real estate development and investment.
We maintain relationships with banks, real estate private equity funds, off-shore funders and a variety of financial institutions to ensure that the financial requirements for the project are successfully matched to the best source of finance available. Our relationships, both local and offshore enables us to source finance from a wide variety of funders with the aim of offering to the client the best rates and terms on the market while providing speed and efficiency.
Our General Funding Terms are as follows:
- Funding opportunities are primarily structured as joint venture agreements
- Title to the land should be clean and without encumbrance
- The sponsor should be willing to put up his land as part of his investment in the project
- In addition to land, the sponsor is expected to make additional expenditure which may be in the form of preliminaries, site costs and possibly additional capital he can put into the project
- The sponsor should be able to show evidence of off-take interest in the form of pre-sales or pre-lease agreements or expressions of interest from reputable off-takers
- The project is expected to show an attractive return to the investor